Monday 6 August 2012

Day 13. 1400km. 22:33 6th of Aug.

I just crossed the border an hour ago! So I am now in the Netherlands.

Today has been terrible,the weather changing constantly, from pouring rain to sunny sunshine. Woke up early to see the stream of the curiosity landing on Mars, sometime around 07:30, good stuff. A couple of hours later when I was having lunch it said "Die Mars mission" on all the tv screens when looking around. First I thought, maybe Germans don't like space races, but soon figured out that "die" means "the" in German. Mind you, I still managed to order what I wanted from the menu, however, that was after that the waitress had called out the chef into the dining area, as he was the only one who spoke English on the premises.

Had some of the coffee I bought yesterday with breakfast, and then again on the road, and again and again. Before I had breakfast, even before I got out of my tent, I just listened to the raindrops hitting it. I should not have wasted my time as I would hear them hitting my helmet for the rest of the day.

An "I-have-to-go-kaffe" to go please.
I spent the whole day on road 213, it took me, just like many other roads in Germany through countless small villages, so small that th sign informing you that you've entered it could be held up by the same pole telling you that you've already left. Still, it is a nice place to be touring through.

A car honked it's horn at me, when it passed, I saw that it had Swedish number plates.

I did do well over my daily minimum today, over 125km, but tomorrow I think I'll end up on exactly 100km. I'm heading to Arnhem, should be interesting.

Bike still holding up great. No problems there whatsoever, one less thing to worry about.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment