Sunday 5 August 2012

Day 11. 1166km. 4th of Aug. 22:00

Left at 8am from my campsite. I managed an average speed of 17.7km/h the 35km to Hamburg. There I visited the Brompton store. Very nicely decorated with bikes hanging everywhere. 10 minutes after I left it started to pour down on me. The streets turned into rivers so a couple of other bikers and me took cover underneath some trees. It didn't take long until they where saturated with water. By then I had put on my rain jacket and pants.it continued to rain for an hour or so but I kept on going. Did one hour off road west of Hamburg, this was to intentional. As it's been raining I'm running low on batteries, my solar panels not producing as much energy as usual.

I should be passing Bremen during lunch hours tomorrow, and I've got 430km to Amsterdam more or less. Today I did 130km, which is good. As previously mentioned there're lots of bike paths, and where there aren't, the roads for cars are very well made.

I'm a bit disappointed with the fact that very few people speak English. Some don't even try. So it ends up with me having to try and order food at a restaurant with my crappy half made up German, often leaving me eating something I did not order.

Who knew eating out in Germany could be that exciting?!

Well, at least everyone are nice and friendly, I just entertained some kids with my ESBIT cooking stove when I was heating up water for my dinner.

Medelshavspasta med kyckling! Mmmm va gott!

 

1 comment:

  1. very entertaining to follow Yuo here on Your way to the Bromton Championship.
    I hope You'll find some better weather further on.
    Good job !
    Ride on...
    Supporting Hugs from Snäcke.

    ReplyDelete