Monday 23 July 2012

Less than 34 hrs to go!

Now rolling on a six-speed!
With less than two days until I get going there is still some preparations left to do. Today I spent all afternoon fitting a new back wheel, the bike is now a six-speed Brompton, a M6R. I've also fitten new handles and a GPS tracking device that will update my position every 10 minutes when I'm on the road. Other than that, my new clothes from Helly Hansen fit perfectly and I will post a detailed review of each piece of clothing as I go.
My good friend Karl Hallin has kindly lent me his Garmin Edge 800 GPS for this trip, with that, finding good bike friendly roads to London should get a whole lot easier.
At the front I've also fitted a 1400 lumen head light, at night, it looks like daylight in front of me.
To power up my iPad, GPS, MP3 and phone I've mounted solar panels (860mAh) on top of my new front bag, they charge up a 6600mAh battery which in turn charges up my electronics on the road.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! A bike adventure is wonderful!

    I have made two so far. A lot shorter, but with bigger bikes...
    http://www.ecoprofile.se/thread-2616-Goteborg-Kopenhamn-med-fyrhjulig-cykel.html
    http://www.ecoprofile.se/thread-2363-Lastcykel-Goteborg-Kinnekulle.html

    And here are a couple of girls who travelled almost as far as you last year, on trikes:
    http://www.ecoprofile.se/thread-2390-262-mil-senare-Malin-och-Sofia-ar-framme-i-Goteborg.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyck till. Looking forward to follow your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tacka! Nu så är jag på väg, imorgon räknar jag med att lämna Sverige!

      Delete